Sunday, March 8, 2009

Shocking and Exciting News

We told you all that we would let you know if and when we were ever going to have kids. Well, yes it has happened. We got picked for adoption by a wonderful mother in Fargo, North Dakota. We had begun the adoption process this past October, but then kind of gave up after paying our initial deposit. Not because we did not want to adopt, mostly because we just lost track of time and did not sit our butts down and get it done. Thankfully the Lord has heard our prayers and made up for our lack of effort as a good friend of ours presented us with this great opportunity. It is amazing how the lord directs us and others and how he uses others to answer our prayers. We know for sure that he directed us to this woman and that she needs us as much as we need her. She is due this July and most likely they will come a little earlier. YES we said THEY. There are two. TWINS. We were fortunate to be in Fargo a couple of weeks ago and were at the ultrasound with Helen. And as crazy as it seems we are having a boy and a girl. How cool is that. Almost 12 years of marriage, 8 years of trying to have kids, using everything pretty much possible medically to just have one and we are having two. We are so excited and so thankful that she has a chosen us through her own prayer and faith. Heavenly Father does answer prayers if we only ask, he may take months even years as in our case but he will answer. We continue to pray everyday for Helen her family and these twins. We figured this would be a great way to share our news as many of our friends visit this blog. We love you all a lot and we thank Helen for this MIRACULOUS GIFT that she and our heavenly father have provided us with. We appreciate all your support and we will continue to update here as often as we can. Here is one of the ultrasound pictures of the two heads.



Boy is on the Right(A) and Girl is on the Left (B)

23 comments:

Hansen Family said...

So AWESOME guys! We are very excited for your new adventures in life and it will be a blast! Love you!

Jenna Lee said...

So I had to check your blog after I saw your facebook to get more details.... so happy for you right now!!

Sarah Lunt said...

OMG! Words can't describe how excited I am for you. That post was so beautiful. I seriously have chills right now. What a wonderful blessing for you all. You guys will make the best parents ever! Many hugs, Sarah and Darin

Schmid Family said...

Again, I am so excited for you and Mike. And your post gave me chills. Those two babies are lucky to have you guys as their parents. Call me, we need to hang out.

kelly l said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited for you guys. You guys deserve this so much. Good luck with everything. Keep us all updated on the babies' progress.

gibbfamily said...

CONGRATS! How exciting! I am so happy for you guys and can't wait for July! Good luck with everything...have fun shopping :)
kacie

Unknown said...

So Thrilled for you guys! You are going to be wonderful parents. God does work in mysterious ways. We will keep you all in our prayers. Love ya!

kara jayne said...

woo hoo!!! It was so fun getting the story from you. You will be awesome parents...and we will be here for you!!

Barney Family said...

Great new posts!! There are definitely two in there. Don't you just love seeing the ultra sounds pictures. It brings everything to life and makes it all so real. I know I have told you many times that I am so excited for you. I just want to move to Phoenix so I can see those cute babies.

christie said...

So I am officially crying...that is the best news ever. You just made my day. A boy and a girl. What are the chances of that? You deserve this girl. You are going to be a great mom! That is so cool that you got to be there for the ultrasound. I'll bet you were totally shocked when they said "TWINS"! Congratulations! Keep me posted.

amy gretchen said...

congrats! I know this has been a long time coming. What a gift to have twins.

Margo said...

I just heard the amazing news from Melanie. This is the best news ever. I am so thrilled for you and I know you are going to be amazing parents. Enjoy every minute.

Tiffany said...

YEAHHHHH!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I have the goose bumps right now just reading this. Oh, I'm just so happy! Those are some lucky babies, I'm telling you! You and Mike are going to be such great parents. Congrats! We'll be praying for those cute little babies and for you guys. Now, start shopping!

Nancy said...

My sister sent a text to my phone as we were on vacation in San Diego saying, "guess who's having twins?" I just about fell off the ride at Legoland because I thought she meant SHE was having twins, but then Nancy and I were THRILLED to hear that two of our favorite people on planet earth get a chance at having kids. You guys deserve it and we can't wait to see more pics and get our kids together in the future! Congratulations!! Love..Nancy and Jason

The Neeleys said...

I just read the news on your blog and I can't put into words how thrilled I am for both of you! You are both such wonderful people and deserve this amazing miracle!YEA! Keep us posted - we want to hear all of the updates. We love you guys!love, Chris and Stacie

Annie and Jason said...

I am so excited for you guys. You both will be amazing parents Kristie. I can't wait to see more as things unfold. What a blessing in so many ways.

The Teeples said...

Brandon and I are so excited for the two of you. What a blessing your example of faith is to all of us. I look at what you have endured at it truly helps me to endure and remember God is in control. This little girl and little boy don't yet know how good they will have it with parents like you. We can't wait to continue to hear the updates. We love you and can't wait to go BUCKEYE shopping for the little ones.

Kelly L said...

We couldn't be more excited for you guys and will be praying for you and your little ones. What blessed babies they are as you will both be amazing parents!
Love you lots!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawni said...

Oh my gosh Kristie I cannot believe this!!! I was talking to someone the other day who said they heard something about you two adopting twins and I was really holding out hope. Then I thought, when does anyone get lucky enough to ADOPT TWINS??? But I thought I'd check your blog to see what was up and here it is! Oh man I seriously cannot even tell you enough how excited I am for you guys! You will make such great parents. CONGRATS!!!!

Kathryn said...

Kristie, I don't think there is enough room in this little box to express how happy I am for you guys! You are going to be great parents. I love your amazing story.

The Alvarez Family said...

Mike and Kristie, Hi, my name is Tracy, I am Helen's second oldest sister. I'd LOVE to talk with you guys! My email is annabie@cableone.net .

Mari said...

Can we even put into words how thrilled our family is for your new little family?!!!! Congratulations!!!
They are lucky and blessed to have both of you as their mama and papa!!!